photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Back in the USA!

You have to go to other countries to realize that we live in the greatest place on earth!  Happy birthday USA!

Oh, my goodness!  Our trip was incredible!  St. Petersburg, Stockholm, and the "Little Mermaid" in Copenhagen were my favorites.  I'm a "child watcher" so I loved looking at all the beautiful children.  Sorry I didn't get to do a post, but it was a busy "on the bus" - "off the bus" week.  Besides, when you're paying $1.00 a minute to use the computer you realize you don't have anything that important to say that can't wait until you get home.

Can you believe it's almost July?  You'll have to check out my website with the Parent Power Pak.  I've been working on it for months, and I hope you'll get lots of ideas to engage families in your program this coming hear.

My brain is jumbled (8 hour time difference from Russia to SC), so I'll just give you a great summer recipe today.  I promise to do better in the days ahead.


Summer Cobbler

With all the berries and fresh fruit available, I wanted to share my favorite cobbler recipe.  If you “don’t cook,” you can do this!  If you are a “chef” you’ll enjoy it just as well!

You will need:
1 stick butter cut into pieces  (You can use ½ stick if it matters.)
1 cup sugar
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup milk
2 TBS baking powder
½ tsp. salt
3 cups fruit (blueberries, raspberries, peaches, etc. – fresh or frozen)

Preheat the oven to 350.  Put the butter in the bottom of a 9” x 9” pan and place in the oven to melt.  Combine the other ingredients (except the fruit) in a mixing bowl.  Remove pan from the oven and pour the batter on top of the melted butter.  Place fruit on top and return to the oven for 50-60 minutes until crust is golden brown.  Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream on top.

Hint!  For the 4th of July use 2 cups of blueberries and 1 cup of raspberries.  When you top with vanilla ice cream you’ll have a red, white, and blue dessert!