photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Painter’s Tape and the Midline


Draw a line down the middle of your body from the top of your head.  That’s your midline.  Every time you cross over that midline it’s like doing exercises for your brain because it engages both sides of the brain. 

You can explain it to your students by having them put their two fists together.  Now, demonstrate how to cross your fingers to make connections from one side to the next.  When we cross the midline, it’s like building bridges and making connections in our brain.  Give each child a piece of painter’s tape to place on their midline.  This will increase their awareness when you sing songs, do cheers, or do exercises that are good for their bodies and their brains.

P.S.  John (a.k.a. Mr. Dr. Jean) and I are heading for a Baltic Cruise tomorrow.  Wahoo!  I’m sooo excitied!  I will do my best to blog every day, but forgive me if I am lax over the next few weeks.

Doing a blog is like throwing a pebble in the water.  You never know how far the ripples will go…I don’t even know if I’m making any ripples out there???  But it feels good to put something positive out there every day.  If you read my blog, I thank you!  If you read my blog and actually use the ideas you are my BFF!