photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

MORNING MANTRA


Several years ago when I was in Ohio a teacher shared this activity for starting his day.   I think the idea originated with a football coach, but regardless of age level or content area, the message is an important reminder of what we’re all about!   Look your children in the eyes and see what happens when you start your day this way.

Teacher:  What is my job today?
Children:  Your job is to teach us and to love us.
Teacher:  What is your job today?
Children:  Our job is to learn and to love each other.

I can also see how you could use this question when a child is misbehaving.
“Are you doing your job?”

How Does My Teacher Feel about Me?

I was visiting an inner city school in Atlanta and the teacher used this question and response to focus children’s attention.

Teacher:  How does my teacher feel about me?
Children:  I’m as special as special can be because my teacher believes in me!

Isn’t that better than “Shhhh!  Be quiet!”  This would also make a good poster for your door for children to read before going out in the hall.