photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

LA - A "HAPPY" STATE!


Several years ago there was a study of the “happiest” states.  Before I even read the report I guessed that Louisiana was the happiest state.  And I was right according to the study!  People from Louisiana love their families, their friends, their food, and they LOVE to have a good time!  Maybe the rest of us need to take some lessons from them because they’ve got it figured out for sure!

And I was happy to speak at the LA Early Childhood Conference last week!  Here are some students from LSU who came ready to sing, dance, and learn.
I also got to sing with some precious children in Alexandria.  Take a look at this cute shirt that one class was wearing.  The teacher explained that her families didn’t have enough money to buy expensive school shirts, so she asked them to go to Walmart and get a package of three white T-shirts.  Each season they make a different shirt to wear on field trips.  Super idea!
Another thing I learned has nothing to do with early childhood, but it was so clever I have to share it with you.  I hope you never drop your cell phone in water, but if you do remember this.  Empty a small bag of rice in a zip bag, place your phone in there, and zip it up.  Apparently, the rice will absorb the water and your phone will be good as new.  See, you learn something new every day!