photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Friday, December 30, 2011

BUILDING BRIDGES IN 2012

For those of you who haven’t been to my July, 2012, website yet to find out what the PARENT POWER PAK is all about, this is a perfect time to take a peek.  Research continues to reinforce the importance of involving families in their child’s education.  So I’ve got an activity calendar and reading calendar you can download each month to share with your families.  It’s FREE, simple, and can provide a meaningful way to engage parents with their children.  Talk about a super resolution for 2012!

I’ve also rewritten the introductory letter to parents:

Dear Families,

I’m excited about starting the New Year, and I’ve got some great ideas to make this the best year ever for my children and their families!  You’ve heard it before, and I’ll say it again. YOU are your child’s first and most important teacher! Children today need the same things they have always needed. They need caring adults to talk to them, sing to them, read to them, play with them, and LOVE them. And the good news is that the best things to do with children are FREE!

Each month your child will bring home a “family fun calendar” with suggestions for activities you can do at home. You will also receive a reading calendar each month to record the special times you read together.

I want to do all I can to fill 2012 wonderful memories for you and your child!

Sincerely,