photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

DR. JEAN, DR. JEAN, WHO DO YOU SEE?


Over ten years ago I did a workshop in Commerce, Texas.  Much to my surprise, that was the home of Bill Martin!  He was suffering from Parkinson’s disease at the time, but graciously invited me to visit his home on “Brown Bear Lane” at lunch.  I was speechless to be in his presence.  What a beautiful spirit he had!

As I was cleaning out a closet this week I came across a book I made after my visit.  It was a take off on his “Brown bear, brown bear…” chant.  This book is probably only special to me, but I thought it was an idea that you might be able to adapt to a classroom field trip, guest speaker, or other experience.


Bill Martin lives on in his stories, rhymes, and these unforgettable words: