photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Monday, June 11, 2012

DAD-O'S DAY IS COMING!

Father’s day is this Sunday so here are some ideas to remember dad.
He’s My Dad – 3rd Sunday in June
(Tune:  “Day-O” – Happy Everything CD)
Dad-o, dad-o, he’s my dad and I love him so.    (Point thumbs to chest
Dad-o, dado, he’s my dad and I love him so.     as if proud.)
Works all day and he comes home tired,         (Bend over as if tired.)
He’s my dad and I love him so.
Still plays with me in the yard.                       (Pretend to throw a ball.)
He’s my dad and I love him so.

Dad-o, dad-o, he’s my dad and I love him so     (Point thumbs to chest.)
Dad-o, dad-o, he’s my dad and I love him so.
He reads to me and we laugh and play.             (Hold up palms like a book.)
He’s my dad and I love him so.
Helps me do my best each day.                        (Shake head “yes.”)
He’s my dad and I love him so.

Dad-o, dad-o, he’s my dad and I love him so.
Dad-o, dad-o, he’s my dad and I love him so.

Shirt and Tie Card
Fold a sheet of paper in half.  Cut in several inches from each end about 1” down from the fold as shown.  Bend each corner down to look like the collar of a shirt.  Add buttons, a tie, and a special message inside.

Belt or Key Rack
You will need scraps of wood (2x4x10 works well), nails, and hammers for this project.  Let children decorate the wood with paints or markers.  Next, let them hammer 4 or 5 nails in the wood.  Attach a hanger to the back. 

Tie Holder
Let children cover a cardboard roller from paper towels with masculine wrapping paper.  Insert a 24” piece of string and knot the ends so it can be hung from a nail to hold ties.

Note!  This is a great opportunity to talk about different kinds of families.  Some children may not have a father living with them, so those children can make a gift for a grandfather, uncle, or other special friend.