photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Friday, December 28, 2012

21st CENTURY TECHIES


As I was doing research on the 21st Century Skills for my January website I found this interesting site: https://sites.google.com/a/staff.gtchs.org/wjohnsonleadership-2013/21st-century-classroom-activities with websites and skills that offer technical learning adventures for you and your students.   If you’re bored today you will be totally entertained-meserized-engaged with these sites!

blabberize.com  (animate reactions to literature and current events)
discoveryEd.com (video streaming)
dropbox.com (paperless storage)
escrapbooking.com (e scrapbooking)
gcast.com (creating a podcast)
livebinders.com (paperless storage of materials)
Prezi.com (create multi-media presentations)
Sruveymonkey.com (completing an online survey)

Here are some activities (for you and your students) that they recommend to foster 21st Century technical skills:
Sending professional emails
Using the internet for research
Using a Smartboard
Building a wiki
Creating a photostory
Writing a classroom blog
Assessing and evaluating research sources
Interpreting media sources
Incorporating the use of digital technologies in the classroom (PDAs, media players, GPS, computers, SmartPhones, etc.)

Yeah, dinosaur that I am I think I see some New Year’s Goals for me so I can keep up with my grandchildren!