photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Thursday, December 13, 2012

A E I HAVE A VOWEL SONG 4 U


I received an email last week asking for a vowel song.  Here are a few easy ones for you!
The Vowel Song
(Tune:  “Are You Sleeping?”)
A makes two sounds.  (Echo each line.)
/A/ and /a/.
/A/ for apron, /a/ for apple.
/A/ and /a/.
/E/ and /e/ - eagle and elephant…
/I/ and /i/ - ice cream and inchworm…
/O/ and /o/ - open and octopus…
/U/ and /u/ - ukulele and uncle…

Vowel Cheer
Give me a long A - /a/    (Open palm and make a straight movement in front of your body like a macron.)
Give me a short A -  /a/a/  (Make a curve down and up in front of your body like a breve.)
Give me a long E…I…O…U…

Now let’s do the vowel beat.  (Clap twice.)
Clap your hands and stomp your feet.   (Stomp twice.)
Long A - /a/  (Macron)
Short  A - /a/ (Breve)
Raise your arms high and swing them down low.  (Hands up high and down.)
The E vowel sound is the way to go.
Long E - /e/  (Macron)
Short E - /e/  (Breve)
Hop 2 steps up and 2 steps back.  (Hop forwards and then backwards.)
With the I vowel, you’re right on track.
Long I - /i/  (Macron)
Short I - /i/  (Breve)
Step to the left, step to the right.  (Step to the left and then right.)
The O vowel sound is out of sight.
Long O - /o/  (Macron)
Short O - /o/  (Breve)
Shout it out loud and whisper it low.  (Shout and then whisper.)
Just the U vowel sound to go.
Long U - /u/  (Macron)
Short U - /u/  (Breve)
Now give high five to a nearby friend.  (Dance around and give high fives to friends.)
The vowel beat has come to an end.
Yeah!  Vowels!
*You could easily add other sounds the vowels make.  For example, “ a-r /ar/,
a – w /aw/”

Five Little Vowels
Five little vowels swinging from a tree  (Hold up 5 fingers.)
Teasing Mr. Alligator, “Can’t catch me!  (Point finger.)
You can’t catch me!”
Along came Mr. Alligator quiet as can be  (Open and close arms.)
And snatched that A right out of the tree.
/a/ /a/ /a/ /a/ /a/ /a/ /a/ /a/ /a/  (Make sign language A with hand.)
E…I…O…U
*Draw a tree on a magnetic board and remove magnetic letters as you say the chant.