photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

THANK YOU FOR THE SONGS WE SING!


Last week at the NAEYC Conference a teacher asked, “What do you do about children with mobility issues or other special needs?”  I smiled and said, “I just treat them like children!”  Music is the universal language for children of all ages, abilities, cultures, economic levels…  When I look at children I don’t see wheelchairs or hair color or reading level.  I just see a child who wants to have fun and be loved!  I have sung with countless children with crutches and other needs and they don’t know they can’t “Tooty Ta” if you don’t tell them!!!

One of my most precious memories happened last Friday when I got to sing at Kalina’s school.  We were also invited to the Congressional Schools in Falls Church, VA.  Kalina is usually quite shy, so I told her she could stand up and sing with me or just sit down and watch.  Joy of joys!  She stood beside me and sang every word and did every motion!  Does it get any better than that?  Singing with children – especially with your own grandchild at your side - is a pure blessing!  Life is full of ups and downs (and, yes, I have them as well), but that was the top of the roller coaster for me!  I will treasure the moment and I’m so grateful for the teachers at the Congressional Schools for giving me the special memory!

Thank you for the world so sweet.
Thank you for the food we eat.
Thank you for the birds that sing.
Thank you, God, for everything!

Thank you for those that teach.
Thank you for the children they reach.
Thank you for the songs we sing.
Thank you, God, for everything!

Blessings to all of you on Thanksgiving Day!