1. Let children find letters they recognize. Can they write them?
2. Find numbers. Can they find all the numbers between 1 and 10 and write them?
3. How many words can they find that they can read? Have them make a list.
4. Can they find nouns and verbs? Make a T-chart.
5. Find punctuation…see how much fun this can be!
Old newspapers, catalogs, magazines, and glass pebbles can become an engaging center for pre-k through primary grades. This would also be a good activity for study buddies. Children could take turns finding information for their friend to identify.