photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Sunday, January 3, 2016

MY BONNIE BOUNCE

Have you got the back to school blues? Maybe this video will give you and your students something to smile about.
                             
Warning! One teacher said her kids loved it so much they kept begging to do it over and over. She said she could hardly walk up the stairs when she got home!


My Bonnie Bounce (Tune: “My Bonnie Lies over the Ocean”)
We’re going to sing a song you all know called “My Bonnie Lies over the Ocean” except every time we come to a word that starts with the /b/ sound we are going to stand up or sit down.
My Bonnie (Stand up.)
Lies over the ocean.
My Bonnie (Sit down.)
Lies over the sea.
My Bonnie (Stand up.)
Lies over the ocean.
Oh, bring (Sit down.)
Back (Stand up.)
My Bonnie (Sit down.)
To me.
Bring (Stand up.)
Back (Sit down.)
Bring (Stand up.)
Back (Sit down.)
Oh, bring (Stand up.)
Back (Sit down.)
My Bonnie (Stand up.)
To me, to me.
Bring (Sit down.)
Back (Stand up.)
Bring (Sit down.)
Back (Stand up.)
Oh, bring (Sit down.)
Back (Stand up.)
My Bonnie to me. (Sit down.)

A little faster…
Super fast…

Alliteration
Play other alliteration games where children jump up, hop, squat or do other movements when you say a word that starts with a particular sound.
*Have children listen for similar sounds in “Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater,” “If Peter Pipe Pecked a Peck,” and other rhymes.

Name Games
Think of an adjective for the beginning sound in each child’s name. For example: Sunny Sarah, Laughing Leon, or Helpful Hannah.

Days of the Week
Think of an adjective each day of the week. For example: Marvelous Monday, Terrific Tuesday, etc.

Sound Substitution
Substitute the beginning sound in children’s names when you sing the “Happy Birthday” song. On Tasha’s birthday it would be:
Tappy tirthday to tu…