photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Monday, March 7, 2016

FROG WENT A-COURTING

I'm kind of on a roll with spring animals this week. Here's a new video my webmaster created for "Frog Went A-Courting." Alex May (aka webmaster extraordinaire) is one of those talented people who can draw, paint, cook - you name it - he can do it! I don't think he plays the tuba, though! Anyway, Alex created original artwork for this video and it's adorable!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5hfSnYE5BE

                                  
Frog Went A-Courtin’  (Nursery Rhyme CD)
A frog went a-courtin’, (Pretend to hold reins and ride a horse.)
And he did ride. Hum-hum, hum-hum.
A frog went a-courtin’,
And he did ride,
With his horse right by his side. Hum-hum, hum-hum.

He rode up to Miss Mousie’s den… (Knock on the door.)
Said, “Please, Miss Mousie, let me in…

“Yes, Sir Frog, I sit and spin… (Spin arms around, then motion to come in.)
Please, Mr. Froggie, won’t you come in?”

The frog said, “My dear, I’ve come to see… (Palms together as if begging.)
If, Miss Mousie, you’ll marry me…”

“Oh, yes, Sir Frog, I’ll marry you… (Shake head “yes,” then hold up 2 fingers.)
And we’ll have children two by two…”

The frog and mouse they went to France… (Pretend to hold reins and ride again.)
And that’s the end of my romance…

Activities: Choose different children to be the “Frog” and “Mouse” and act out this song.

Note: There are many variations of this song, but I changed the "sword and pistol" to "his horse right by his side."

Put Your Bottom on the Rug
(Here's a verse to the tune to get children sitting quietly on the rug.)
Put your bottom on the rug, uh-huh, uh-huh.
Put your bottom on the rug, uh-huh, uh-huh.
Put your bottom on the rug.
Give yourself a little hug.
Uh-huh, uh-huh.

Frog Puppet
My students always enjoyed making this hoppy frog. He can be used for "Frog Went A-Courtin'" or for "Five Little Speckled Frogs."

                                            
Here's the pattern:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1SnEagA4jljaGhWMUd3RGxkb1k/view?usp=sharing

And frog-a-courting reminds me of weddings and weddings remind me of this cool phone cover that a teacher's fiancee had given her! I think she's got a keeper!