photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

WHAT'S YOUR NUMBER?

As adults, we don’t memorize phone numbers any more because everything we need is in the palm of our hands. However, it’s still important for children to know their full name, birthday, phone number, and address. One year I had a little boy and I said, “What’s your name?” He replied, “Bubba.” I said, “No honey, your full name.” Well, he straightened me out as he said, “Bubba Bubba!”

Here are some tips to remind parents how to help their child learn this information at home.

Full Name
Help children learn their full name “The Wheels on the Bus.”
My full name is (first) (middle) (last),
____, ____, ____,
____, ____, ____,
My full name is (first) (middle) (last),
That’s my full name.

Birthday
Birthdays can be sung to “Happy Birthday to You.”
September 24th, 
September 24th,
My special birthday is
September 24th.

Phone Number
Phone numbers can be learned by singing them to “Michael Row Your Boat Ashore.”
213-297-4308
213-297-4308

Address
Addresses can be sung to “Do You Know the Muffin Man?”
874 Pine Oak Circle,
874 Pine Oak Circle,
874 Pine Oak Circle,
Cincinnati, Ohio

Zip Code
Learn zip codes by singing them to the tune of “BINGO.”
There is a zip code where I live
And I will sing it to you.
54892, 54892, 54892
Now I know my zip code.

These are good rhymes to transition children, as well as to reinforce birthdays, phone numbers, and addresses.

Apples, pears, peaches, plums,
Tell me when your birthday comes.

Candy, candy, ice cream cone.
Tell me the number of your telephone.

Rabbit, dog, cat, mouse,
Tell me the number on your house.

Hint! Have a “cheat sheet” with the information so you can prompt the children that don’t know.