photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Saturday, February 4, 2017

A BRILLIANT IDEA!

Sometimes I’m like “Old Mother Hubbard” with an empty cupboard. I’m not looking for dog bones in a cupboard, but my brain is empty and I can’t think of a new idea to write on my blog. So, that’s when I go back and look at things teachers have shared with me in past workshops. It’s so much fun to find a brilliant idea that I’d forgotten all about.
                                               

Ten Little Everything (Karen Foley)
Adapt "Ten Little Indians" for every topic or holiday in the year.
"1 little, 2 little” for penguins, snowmen, hearts, butterflies, etc.
     1 little, 2 little, 3 little penguins,
     4 little, 5 little, 6 little penguins,
     7 little, 8 little, 9 little penguins at the South Pole (or at the store, or on the farm, etc.)
                                                                      
Itsy Bitsy Spider (Sharon Howard)
After singing the “Itsy Bitsy Spider” let children change what kind of spider it is. It could be happy, mad, mean, angry, silly, pretty princess, etc. Then children decide how that spider would go up the waterspout.

            
Preschool Clubs (Laney Brightbill)
Make posters that describe self-help skills. Once children can do they skill they get to add their picture and name to the club. For example:
-Button club
-Zipper club
-Glove club
-Shoe tying club
-Jacket club
                             



Doubles Don’t Give Me Trouble (Sarah Jackson)
(Tune: “I’ve Been Working on the Railroad”)
1 + 1= 2, 2 + 2 = 4, 3 + 3 = 6, 4 + 4 = 8, 5 + 5 = 10, 6 + 6 = 12
Now I know my doubles,
They don’t give me any trouble.
7 + 7 =14, 8 + 8 = 16, 9 + 9 = 18, 10 + 10 = 20, 11 + 11 = 22, 12 + 12 = 24


ARITHMETIC (Bridget Weaver)
This mnemonic device will help you remember how to spell arithmetic.
     A
     Rat
     In
     The
     House
     Might
     Eat
     The
     Ice
     Cream