photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Thursday, October 26, 2017

PUMPKIN PLAY DOUGH


Here is another fantastic post by Carolyn Kisloski.  I've never tried this recipe 
with Bisquick, but I'm headed to the kitchen to make it right now.  John's 
going to visit the grandkids this weekend and they are going to have lots of fun 
with this.  I really think they enjoy and appreciate some of the things I make 
                       them as much as they do commercial toys - well, almost!

This week I made some pumpkin play dough for one of my Free Choice centers. I used my new favorite homemade play dough recipe with Bisquick. I love the consistency. It is so easy- and even I can't mess it up always turns out great!

Here is the recipe:

Bisquick Playdough

2 cups Bisquick

1 cup salt

2 cups water

1 Tbsp cream of tartar

1 Tbsp oil

Mix all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 3 minutes. Scrape and stir the bowl. Microwave for another 3 minutes. If it is not quite ready, microwave for another minute.

I made a double batch, and this time I did put it back in the microwave for another minute because it was sort of sticky. That worked perfectly.

I added LOTS of pumpkin pie spice, a little cinnamon, and some orange food coloring. Yum.







This play dough is so much fun to use on our play dough mats that we have in our October Happies Packet! I printed and laminated the mats, and use them over and over. I use these mats for all sorts of math activities, as well as when we retell our Halloween poem, Five Little Pumpkins.





We have so many ideas like this in our monthly Happies packets. Feel free to check out the previews for our packets each month. Our packets are FULL of ideas to bring happiness to your classroom. You can find these at Dr. Jean’s website or at my TpT Store!