photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Sunday, May 20, 2018

MY STATE

Yesterday I shared "My Town" and "My School." How about a book about your state? Here's a book about New Hampshire that a teacher shared several years ago. She said her kids loved reading this book and the parents were so impressed the their children knew more about their state than they did!!!

My State Book
Make a state book based on your state flower, animal, famous people, state bird, capitol, flag, insect, famous places, etc. Children can become EXPERTS about their state.
For example: 


New Hampshire, New Hampshire, what do you see?
I see the Capitol in Concord looking at me.

Capitol in Concord, what do you see?
I see the purple lilac looking at me...

Dartmouth, Dartmouth, who do you see?
I see Dr. Seuss looking at me....

                      

Singing the World (Tune: “The Wheels on the Bus”)
The name of my school is ___, ___, ___.
The name of my school is ___.
That’s the name of my school.

The name of my city is...

The name of my state is...

The name of my country is United States...

The name of my continent is North America...






The name of my planet is the Earth...