photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

# 3 SEL RECIPE - THUMBS UP!

Positive self-talk is a simple strategy to remind children that they are important and capable. Have children start the day by repeating each line of this chant after you.

               

You’re the Best!

Teacher says: Thumbs up. (Stick out thumbs.)

Children repeat: Thumbs up.

Teacher says: Across the chest. (Bring across to the opposite shoulder.)

Children Repeat: Across the chest.

Teacher says: Pat on the back. (Pat self on the back.)

Children repeat: Pat on the back.

Teacher says: Cause you’re the best! (Wrap arms around self and hug.)

Children repeat: Cause you're the best!

Hint! You can easily change the words to this chant to "I'm the best!" or "We are the best!"


I Am Statements
“I am” statements are another way to encourage positive behavior. (These can be based on your school’s goals or let the children suggest statements.) Write these on a language experience chart and then begin the day by sticking up your thumbs and repeating them.

     I am respectful.

     I am trustworthy.
     I am responsible.
     I am fair.
     I am caring.
     I use good manners.
     I use kind words.

     I can do it!
   
                                                      


How about some ideas for organizing centers?



  


https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Im-Only-4-Ultimate-Center-Packet-for-Pre-Kindergarten-3821900