photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Wednesday, November 21, 2018

TURN LOCKDOWNS INTO SONGFESTS!

When life gives you lemons...make lemonade!  That's certainly what my friend Kelly did when they had a lockdown.  I want to share her email because it's a testimony to how teachers really are super heroes every day.

On Friday we were told we were on lockdown. Shortly after that we were evacuated to another school for the afternoon because of a bomb threat at the high school, which is across the street from my building. I gathered up my babies, threw a snack into my emergency bag and grabbed my song sticks.

A couple years ago I started making “song sticks”. I simply wrote the names of the songs on a popsicle stick as I taught them to the students. It’s a way to help me remember which songs I’ve taught and an easy way to think of the next song to sing. When we were leaving the building on Friday, I knew I was going to have to come up with something to keep my babies entertained. I grabbed my song sticks because I knew I would draw a blank on which songs to sing. We sang for a solid hour! Other classes joined in with us. My kids didn’t know anything was wrong. They just thought we were having a grand adventure.

It’s a crazy world we live in, but being able to share in a song kept everyone calm and happy.

Sincerely,

Kelly Paquette