photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Thursday, February 14, 2019

PEACE AND LOVE TO YOU TODAY!

I am jealous of you today.  I really am!  Of all my classroom memories one of my favorites was watching the children open up their little valentines.  "Look, I got a Minnie Mouse!"  "See what Jamie gave me!"  They were so thrilled.  It's a reminder of what I always say about children being happy with plain vanilla.  They don't need the world's fair or another toy or video game. 

Peace and Love to YOU!
You can do this for your students and tell them to pass it on.
Peace (Make sign for peace.)
Love (Make sign for love.)
You (Point to someone.)



Love It Cheer
Make a heart with your hands (index fingers touching at the top and thumbs at the bottom) and extend from your heart.

Air Hug (Jane McPartland)
Say, “Give me an air hug.” Students open arms and pretend to squeeze.

Air Kisses (Beth Jenkins)
Kiss your fingertips numerous times as you scan the class. Blow kisses to all the children. Cross your arms across your chest and rub your arms as you say, “Feel the love.”


Thumbs Up Statements
Have students repeat positive comments as they stick up their thumbs.

I am a kind friend.
I am caring.
I am responsible.
I am polite.
I am a hard worker.

I am a helper.

Finger Play Videos  
If you watched me "sideways" when I did my video on finger plays on FB a week ago my webmaster has corrected me and I am now sitting straight up!
http://bit.ly/drjeanFingerPlay02


http://bit.ly/drjeanFingerPlay01