photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Thursday, December 19, 2019

KEEP ON THE SUNNY SIDE!

There is actually a day called Look on the Bright Side Day. It's not until December 21st, but I'm ready to turn off my computer for a week so I'm adapting concept for today.  Between holiday parties, programs, and all your personal commitments, TRY to keep your sunny side up!

                                      

I'm going to look on the bright side and make this wish for Christmas!

All I want for Christmas is for teachers to be respected and given more latitude to do their jobs.

I want “rigor” and “instructional time” to be replaced with joyful learning.

I want the focus on the whole child (social, emotional, physical, and intellectual) instead of test scores and standards.

I want teachers to be able to sing a song, read a book, and play a game just because!

I want parents and administrators to be less critical. Education is not a snap shot, but a video. Step back and take a look at the whole journey.

I want anyone who makes decisions about what children should be expected to do at a particular grade level to have taught that grade. (It’s easy to make lists of what children should be able to do if you’ve never been there!)

I want less emphasis on technology and more on hands-on, interactive learning.

I want teachers and children to be happy.

I want peace on earth.

And I want all of you to find a little JOY this holiday season!

                                               

Now, I'm going to look on the bright side and turn this computer off until December 26!  Blessings of love and peace and JOY to all of you!