photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Saturday, February 29, 2020

PENELOPE PLAY DOUGH


Meet my new friend Penelope Play Dough! Several weeks ago someone commented that their administrator did not want to see play dough in their classroom. Well, that's all it took for me to get on my band wagon and explain all the social, emotional, cognitive, and physical benefits of play dough. I also created this packet for you with ideas for using play dough for literacy, math, STEM...you name it. It's FREE and I did it just for YOU - and for any administrator that doesn't understand the value of playful "hands-on" learning!!!!

http://bit.ly/drjeanPlayDoughPower

I'm going to demonstrate many of these activities when I do FACEBOOK LIVE AT FIVE this Monday on playing and learning with play dough.  Hope you'll join me!


Here's a new song to sing as you demonstrate these different movements:

The Play Dough Song Tune: “Row, Row, Row Your Boat”
(Children make the motions with the play dough as they sing.)

Squeeze, squeeze, squeeze play dough (Children squeeze dough.)
Feels so good to me.
Squeeze, squeeze, squeeze play dough
It’s easy peasy!

 
Poke – Poke fingers in the dough.

 
Pinch – Pinch off pieces of the dough.

Roll – Roll the dough into a snake. 


Pat – Pat like a pancake.