photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Tuesday, June 22, 2021

ALPHABET IN MY MOUTH AND SPELLING NUMBER WORDS

The Alphabet in My Mouth
(Tune: “He’s Got the Whole World in His Hands”)
I’ve got the whole alphabet in my mouth,
I’ve got the whole alphabet in my mouth.
I’ve got the whole alphabet in my mouth
and I can read!
I’ve got A - /a/ /a/ in my mouth
I’ve got B - /b/ /b/ in my mouth
I’ve got C - /c/ /c/ in my mouth
And I can read!
I’ve got D…Z
I’ve got all the sounds in my mouth and I’m ready to read!

Hint!  Make sign language letters as you sing.
 

Your children will LOVE making this book to go with the song. First, take a close up digital photo of each child with their mouth wide open. Enlarge the picture and glue it to a sheet of paper. Next, cut letters out of construction paper and glue to the tongue on their picture. Write words for each page to go with the picture, such as “I’ve got D /d//d/ in my mouth.”

*If you don’t have 26 students, then use the principal, secretary, custodian, etc. to complete the letters in the alphabet. 
 



Letter Baby
What fun for your kids to use "Letter Baby" to spin the wheel around and display the letters as they sing!  




 

SPELLING NUMBER WORDS
(Tune: “Farmer in the Dell”)
Z - e - r - o spells zero. (Hold up fist.)
Z - e - r - o spells zero.
Zero is our hero.
Z - e - r - o spells zero.

O – n – e spells one. (Hold up 1 finger.)
O – n – e spells one.
Spelling numbers is such fun.
O – n – e spells one.

T –w –o spells two. (Hold up 2 fingers.)
T –w –o spells two.
I can spell and so can you.
T – w – o spells two.

Three – It’s as easy as can be….

Four – I can spell even more…

Five – I can spell and I can jive…

Six – Number words are a trick…

Seven – We’re so hot we are sizzlin’…

Eight – We are smart. We spell great…

Nine – Spelling good and feeling fine…

Ten – You’ve spelled “ten” and that’s “The End”…

*Make a class book where children illustrate the set for each number word.

                        

*Give children flash cards of number words to hold up as you sing.
                                              


Say, Spell, Write, Read
Here’s a little formula to help children remember words.
1st Say the word.
2nd Orally spell the word.
3rd Write the word. (You could do this in the air or on your palm.)
4th Read over the word.