photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Sunday, November 24, 2019

THANKFUL WRITING

Oops!  Something came up for tomorrow afternoon
so I'll have to do FB at One!  You can still watch it at five if you check in then.
I promise you won't be disappointed with the big surprise!

DRUM ROLL.....

 I'VE GOT A BIG SURPRISE FOR YOU TOMORROW NIGHT ON FB LIVE AT FIVE!

HAVE A SUPER SUNDAY AND I'LL SEE YOU TOMORROW AFTERNOON!

Here are a few more ideas you can use this coming week.  These books are a "timely" way to nurture nonfiction writing and gratitude!

Thankful Books
Make special books using napkins, paper plates, or a fork as shown.







Thankful for Friends
Jane Lake shared this idea with me several years ago.  Fold 3 sheets of paper in half and staple.  Children use one of the prompts below on each page of their book.

     1. A good friend is…
     2. I’m a good friend when…
     3. What friends like to do together…
     4. Symbols of friendship…
     5. Names of my friends… 

                                                        


Thankful Song 

(Tune: “Are You Sleeping?”  Children repeat each line.)
I am thankful.
I am thankful. 
Every day.
Every day.
For my friends and family.
For my friends and family.
Thanks I say!
Thanks I say!


P.S.  Here's a link to a video I did for PETA about fruits and vegetables.

https://www.peta.org/teachkind/lesson-plans-activities/eat-green/