photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Wednesday, May 15, 2019

LITTLE CABIN IN THE WOODS

Here are two long camp songs. They were great to keep the children engaged 

while they waited, washed their hands, got ready to go home, etc.  




Several years ago when K.J. came home from camp he sang “Little Cabin in the Woods” to me. Do you remember that one? I sure do, but not many people sing it any more. It’s a long song that’s good to sing while children wash their hands or get ready to go home. Each time you sing through the song you hum a verse and just make the motions. By the end of the song you are quietly humming the whole way through. I’ve changed the words a little from the original version because it might not be "politically correct" these days. (We used to say, "Help me! Help me! Help me!" he said. "Or that hunter will shoot me dead."  It's much kinder just to take that little bunny inside and keep him warm.)

You can sing with me on this new video:

Little Cabin Video


Little Cabin in the Woods
Little cabin in the woods.
(Make a square in the air with index fingers.)
Little man by the window stood.
(Hand over eyes.)
Saw a rabbit hopping by
(Two fingers up like ears and hop hand.)
Knocking at my door.
(Knock in the air.)
“Help me! Help me! Help me, please.
(Throw hands up in the air.)
For it’s cold and I might freeze.”
(Wrap arms around self and shake.)
Little rabbit come inside
(Motion “come.”)
Safely you’ll abide.
(Stick up 2 fingers on one hand and stroke with other hand.)

Here's another good old song that's kind of gone by the wayside.  Maybe people don't like the "boppin' them the head thing."  You know, it's just a silly song so don't take it too seriously!

       
Here's another new video for you:



Little Bunny Foo Foo
Little Bunny Foo Foo    (Hold up 2 fingers for ears and hop.)
hopping through the forest
scooping up the field mice  (Pretend to scoop something with right hand.)
and boppin' them on the head.  (Hit right fist with left hand.)
Down came the good fairy and she said,  (Wiggle fingers down.)
"Little Bunny Foo Foo,  (Point finger.)
I don't want to see you
scooping up the field mice
and boppin them on the head.
I'll give you 3 chances  (Hold up 3 fingers.)
and if you don't obey me,  (Point to group.)
I'm going to turn you into a GOON!"  (Open hands with drama.)

The next day -
Little Bunny Foo Foo...
I'll give you 2 more chances...

The next day - 
Little Bunny Foo Foo...
I'll give you one more chance...

The next day -

Little Bunny Foo Foo 

hopping through the forest

scooping up the field mice

and boppin' them on the head.

Down came the good fairy and she said,

"Little Bunny Foo Foo, 

I didn't want to see you

scooping up the field mice

and boppin them on the head.
I gave you 3 chances
and if you didn't obey me,
So I'm going to turn you into a GOON!

                                                                

Moral of the story:  HARE TODAY - GOON TOMORROW!