photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Friday, December 18, 2015

I BELIEVE!

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Clause and this is why I believe. Tuesday I was invited to sing with two pre-k classes at Chicora School in Charleston. Anyone who doesn’t have the Christmas spirit needs to visit some little children this time of year. They filled my heart with JOY!
                          
The children told me that Santa was coming to their school this week. I was a little confused until their teacher, Ali Charen, explained to me:

Every year Ashley Hall, a private school located in downtown Charleston, goes above and beyond to spread Christmas joy at our school, Chicora School of Communications. Parents and students raise countless amounts of money, clothes, and toys to give to our 400+ students. Each student at Chicora receives a Christmas bag, delivered by none other but…SANTA himself! In each bag the students receive items such as uniforms, clothes, pajamas, shoes, socks, underwear, jackets, books, two BIG toys (Barbies, dolls, games, skateboards, balls, etc.), a small toy, and many other things. As a school, we are so grateful for the generosity of the parents, students, and staff at Ashley Hall.


I was so touched I started crying. I’m such a sap that every time I think about the “love” in those bags I get teary eyed again. I know all over the United States wonderful, generous people are making children happy with similar projects.

Yes, Santa Claus and the spirit of Christmas is ALIVE in spite of all the negativity in our world. Shut your door, sing loud, and don’t let Scrooge or the Grinch take away your joy today!
                                 
Ali helping Santa fill the bags last Saturday.