I’m back home from a visit to Indiana this week and although the weather was frightful, the teachers were delightful! They held my hand through the ice and snow and warmed my heart.
|KIRPC Head Start, Monon, IN|
Don’t you love this curtain around the interactive white board? The teacher said she bought sheets, tied the ends with ribbons, and then hung them on hooks. Show time!
You know I have a juvenile sense of humor, so this joke that Lisa Brittain shared was right up my alley.
Q: What do you call a bear with no teeth?
A: A gummy bear!!!
Paper Plate Dance Party
I gave every teacher 2 paper plates, played some catchy music, and we had a snowy day dance party. Get some plates and try some of these activities with your class this week:
- Clap the plates like cymbals.
- Shuffle them to the beat.
- Tap on the hips, shoulders, and other body parts.
- Clap high, low, in front of you, behind.
- Play “follow the leader” as children take turns doing something with their plates as peers follow along.
- Place on the floor. Put one foot on each plate and skate around the room.
- Skate backwards. Skate on one foot. Skate with a friend.