photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

EMOJI STANDARDS

Did you know that you can even use emojis to reinforce standards?
                                              
Vocabulary – Children can match emojis with words.

Synonyms - Brainstorm synonyms for various emojis.

Descriptive Writing – Place emoji faces in a bag. Children choose one and then write a descriptive sentence about the expression.
                                 
Rebus Stories – Children can cut out emojis and use them to write original stories.
*Can children read each other’s stories?

Characters – Match emoji expressions with characters in books.

All About Me – Children can find emoji to complete these statements:
        My favorite foods
        My favorite color
        My favorite places
        My favorite holiday
        My favorite season
        My favorite sport
        My family
        My pets
        Things I like to do
*This would be a super way for older students to get to know their new classmates.

Daily Schedule – Use emojis to explain your daily schedule.
                                      
Classroom Management – Instead of giving oral directions, try using emojis. They just might pay attention to them better than your words!

Personal Emoji – Let children design a personal emoji that reflects them.

Masks – Give children paper plates and let them create emoji masks. Can they describe their mask and tell why they chose that image?

Drawing – Invite children to practice copying emojis with crayons, colored pencils, paint, markers, and other art media.

Help me! Have you got some other ideas for using emojis in the classroom? If you’ll email them to me I’ll share them on my blog.