photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Wednesday, April 28, 2021

MY STATE - MY CITY

My State Book
Make a state book based on your state flower, animal, famous people, state bird, capitol, flag, insect, famous places, etc. Children can become EXPERTS about their state.  The rhyme is similar to "Brown bear, brown bear, what do you see?"
For example: 

New Hampshire, New Hampshire, what do you see?
I see the Capitol in Concord looking at me.

Capitol in Concord, what do you see?
I see the purple lilac looking at me.


Dartmouth, Dartmouth, who do you see?
I see Dr. Seuss looking at me....


My City Book
This is a book that I made several years ago about Charleston.  It's an idea that you could adapt for your school, community, etc.
                 

You will need construction paper and photos of your city, school, and so forth. 

Charleston, Charleston, what do you see?
There’s ___site____.
Come with me.

On the last page I wrote:

Do you like Charleston?
Do you like your city?
“Yes,” said Dr. Jean.
“I LOVE IT!” said she.
(I used my pirate picture to add a smile!)
                                         




THE WORLD FAMILY
(Tune: “The Wheels on the Bus”)
In this song, you’ll have to fill in the name of your school, city, state, country, continent, and planet.

The name of my school is ___, ___, ___.
The name of my school is ___.
That’s the name of my school.

The name of my city is...

The name of my state is...

The name of my country is United States.

The name of my continent is North America.

The name of my planet is Earth.

We’re all part of the world family, family, family.
We’re all part of the world family.
Let’s live in love and peace.