photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Saturday, December 10, 2011

I BELIEVE!


I try to be professional on my blog, but every once in a while I’ve just got to speak my mind.  I am tired of people picking on Santa.  I LOVE Santa and I BELIEVE!  He represents love and hope and dreams and goodness.  Santa doesn’t say bad words or do drugs or hurt anyone.  He spreads happiness to children everywhere and wants to put a smile on their faces.  (Kind of like a lot of teachers I know!)
Call me Pollyanna, but I love the man!  Have you seen the Best Buy commercial where the lady makes Santa look bad and says.  “Game on, Santa!”  That’s not nice of her at all!

If you have ever bought a lottery ticket or put a quarter in a slot machine or looked for a prize in a box of Cracker Jacks…it’s the same as believing in Santa.  It’s all about wishful thinking.  It’s a dream and a hope for something better.  The anticipation of what will be under the tree or in your stocking is usually better than reality.  

As teachers, we are the dream makers and believers!  We give children dreams and believe in the power of making the world a better place one child at a time.

Langston Hughes was a lot like Santa when he wrote:
         Hold onto dreams,
         For if dreams die
         Life is like a broken-winged bird
         That cannot fly.

I was leaving the fitness center yesterday and I commented to the gentleman at the desk, “What a beautiful Christmas tree!”  He said, “It’s NOT a Christmas tree.  It’s a holiday tree.”  Well, it’s a CHRISTmas tree to me and I believe in Santa Claus, too!