photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Tuesday, September 15, 2020

WORLD GRATITUDE DAY

One day that we will all want to celebrate this year is WORLD GRATITUDE DAY.  Maybe we should change it to WORLD GRATITUDE MONTH!!!!  I think I need to "practice what I preach" today!

                                          

Gratitude is an emotion of expressing appreciation for what you have, rather than what you don’t have. Psychology Today reports that gratitude can be cultivated and it can increase levels of happiness when you do. Energy, optimism, and empathy are by-products of gratitude. 

Model Gratitude
Make it a habit to include things you appreciate into daily conversations.  "I am so grateful that you are in my classroom."  "I'm so grateful that the sun is shining today."  I am so grateful that we can learn together."

Brainstorm
What does it mean to be GRATEFUL? Write children’s responses using a web. What are some synonyms for GRATEFUL?



Lists
Children love to make lists, so let them make a list (draw pictures or write) of all the things they are grateful for.

ABC
Can they think of something for each letter of the alphabet that they are grateful for?

                          


Gratitude Journal
Let children make a special "gratitude journal." Encourage them to write what they are grateful for each day for a week.



Grateful Greeting
Start the day by asking each child to say something they are grateful for.

End with Something GOOD
End the day by having children say something good that happened at school that day.


P.S. Have I told you lately that I'M GRATEFUL FOR YOU!!! Thanks for reading my blog!