photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Sunday, August 9, 2020

ATTENTION GRABBERS IN SPANISH!

I am so excited to share these Spanish translations of some of my "Transition Tips and Tricks" with you.  Thank you, thank you, Claudia Hernandez of the Garland ISD!  


TRANSLATIONS BY CLAUDIA HERNANDEZ                                                        

 

  

ATTENTION, PLEASE!

Tootsie Roll

Tootsie roll,                   (Roll hands around each other.)

Lollipop.                         (Pretend to lick a lollipop.)

We’ve been talking,   (Open and shut fingers.)

Now let’s stop!             (Make sign language sign for “stop.”)

 

Tootsie Roll

Tootsie roll,                               (Roll hands around each other.)

Chupete.                                 (Pretend to lick a lollipop.)

Hemos estado hablando        (Open and shut fingers.)

¡Ahora detengámonos!          (Make sign language sign for “stop.”)

 

Hocus Pocus

Teacher says:  

“Hocus Pocus!”                      (Stick out index finger and circle around like a magic wand.) 

Children respond:  

“Everybody focus!”              (Children make circles with fingers and thumbs and place

                                                   around eyes like spectacles.)

Hocus Pocus

Teacher says:  

“Hocus Pocus!”                      (Stick out index finger and circle around like a magic wand.) 

Children respond:  

“Todos concentrados!”         (Children make circles with fingers and thumbs and place

                                                   around eyes like spectacles.)

 


H-A-P-P-Y

Teacher says:              Is everybody happy?

Children repeat:          Yes, ma’m.  H –a- p – p – y.  Happy!  (Clap on letters.)


F-E-L-I-C-E-S

Teacher says:              ¿Están todos felices?

Children repeat:          Si, maestra.  F-e- l- I -c- e -s.  Felices!  (Clap on letters.) 


Give Me a Clap (Tune:  “Addams Family”)

Give me a clap.          (Clap twice.)

Give me a clap.          (Clap twice.)

Give me a clap, give me a clap,

Give me a clap.          (Clap twice.)

Give me a snap.         (Snap twice.)

Give me a snap.         (Snap twice.)

Now fold your hands and put them down

Into your lap.   (Model putting your hands in your lap.)

 

Give Me a Clap (Tune:  “Addams Family”)

Aplaudamos              (Clap twice.)

aplaudamos               (Clap twice.)

aplaudamos, aplaudamos,

aplaudamos.  (Clap twice.)

Tronemos los dedos.                (Snap twice)

Tronemos los dedos.                (Snap twice)

Dobla tus manos y ahora bájalas

En tu regazo.                           (Model putting your hands in your lap).

 

Sit Down Chant

Clap your hands.         (Clap 3 times slowly.)

Stomp your feet.         (Stomp slowly 3 times.)

Put your bottom

in your seat!

 

Sit Down Chant

Aplaude.                     (Clap 3 times slowly.)

Marchando.                (Stomp slowly 3 times.)

Siéntate

en tu lugar!

 

How Does My Teacher Feel About Me?

Teacher says:       “How does my teacher feel about me?”

Children respond:  “I’m as special as special can be because my teacher believes in me!”

 

How Does My Teacher Feel About Me?

Teacher says:                              “¿Qué piensa mi maestra de mí?”

Children respond:                       ¡Soy más especial de lo que especial puede ser,

                                                      porque mi maestro cree en mí!"

 

Hands on Top

Teacher says:              Hands on top.  (Place hands on head.)

Students respond:       Everybody stop.  (Place hands on head and freeze.)

 

Hands on Top

Teacher says:              Manos arriba (Place hands on head.)

Students respond:       Todos paramos. (Place hands on head and freeze.)

 

Criss Cross

Criss cross,                               (Sit on floor and cross legs.)

Be your own boss.                   (Fold your arms and nod head.)

 

Criss Cross

Cruza tus piernas.        (Sit on floor and cross legs.)

Tu estás a cargo!        (Fold your arms and nod head.)

 


Sitting Chant

1, 2, 3, 4  -  glue your bottoms to the floor.

5, 6, 7, 8  - hands to yourself and sit up straight.

 

Sitting Chant

1, 2, 3, 4  -  siéntate en el piso.

5, 6, 7, 8  - manos en tus piernas y sentado derechito.

 

I Think I Can

This is a great song to sing to encourage children to always give it a try.  It goes to the tune of “If You’re Happy and You Know It.”

I think I can are words I like to say.

I think I can are words I like to say.

In time I’ll get it right if I try with all my might.

I think I can are words I like to say.


“Creo que puedo” son palabras que me gusta decir.

“Creo que puedo” son palabras que me gusta decir.

Con el tiempo lo haré bien, si lo intento y me esfuerzo.

“Creo que puedo” son palabras que me gusta decir.