photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Friday, April 27, 2012

PREDICTABLE BOOKS

Are you out of ideas for independent reading and writing?  Here are some suggestions for simple predictable books that your students can make.  And, talk about differentiated instruction!  With blank books all children can be challenged at whatever level they are on.  Make a simple book by folding two sheets of paper in half and stapling.  Children write the beginning of the sentence on each page and then fill it in.  They can illustrate the book with drawings or pictures cut from magazines or catalogs.  Here are possible topics:
                  I can…
                  I like…
                  I don’t like…
                  I want…
                  I see…
                  Look!  Look!
                  I wish…
                  When I grow up…
                  I can read…
                  I know…
Challenge children to use as many words in their sentences as they are in age.
Ask children to use as many colors in their drawings as they are in age.