photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

DON'T YOU JUST LOVE TO READ, READ, READ!


Life is full of surprises, and this is like finding a gold ring in a box of Cracker Jacks! (Actually, it costs less than a box of Cracker Jacks!) Dan Sheffield of Help Me 2 Learn Company called me about a year ago and wanted to develop an app using one of my songs. Sure! Whatever! I am blown away by what he has created! I can’t stop smiling! (I actually like the cartoon Dr. Jean better than the real Dr. Jean because she looks so young!)

Right now the app is available to download on iPads:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/read-a-book-hd/id655603470?mt=8
(The version for iPhones and Android devices will be ready soon.)

Here’s a description:
This fun and educational app teaches young children the foundational skills they need to start reading. Kids will have fun as they learn through interactive lessons, a fun song, a word sound activity and a story building game. The lessons are based on the Common Core Standards for Kindergarten...
 
                                            
BUT WAIT! There’s more! In addition to the silly song “Read a Book” children can learn how to sound out words, play letter games, and build their own story. It’s pretty cool if I do say so myself. You know how I feel about screen time, but this app is so child-friendly and engaging - and they can’t help learning something. Many of the apps I’ve looked at have way too much going on for young children. These characters are sweet and the graphics allow the children to focus on the skills.

I can’t believe you get the app and all the games for $.99!! You can’t even buy a cup of coffee or a candy bar for that price. I’m just tickled to be a part of something so positive and fun!