photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Sunday, May 10, 2015

MY MOTHER WAS A SMART WOMAN

You know, it’s amazing how SMART my mother was! And, she never went to college. What my mother had was a rare thing these days called COMMON SENSE. When I was growing up there were no kits or programs to teach babies to read…no computers…no reading research. My mother did what parents have done naturally and well for hundreds of years. She talked to me, sang to me, read to me, and gave me lots of time to PLAY. She sewed new dresses for my birthday and always made me proud by making cupcakes for school parties. She supported me without hovering and loved me unconditionally.

I wish I had told my mother more often how wonderful she was.

I wish I had showed my love to her and embraced her as she grew older.

If I love a child…if I make a child smile…if I give a child a song to sing…if I comfort a child…if I give a child a special memory…if I give a child a dream and hope…it’s because of my mother!

It’s what she gave me and I am trying to pass it on!!! Happy Mother's Day!