photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Sunday, April 5, 2020

SUNNY NEWS SUNDAY!

Today's blog will be a bit different because I've had so many requests for information about helping children cope and understand what's going on in the world right now.

First, I'd like to share a new video that Alex May (my webmaster extraordinaire) made for a song called "Color Train." A teacher wanted a video of the song to help her students learn to spell the color words and so Alex kindly created this:

     


I've been amazed by some of your beautiful expressions and the outpouring of love to your children.  I wish I'd thought of this one!



 

This a video that Osseo Fairchild Elementary School in Wisconsin created for their students. It brought tears to my eyes. Don't you know that some of their kids will watch it hundreds of times? Every time they are sad or lonely they have a "place" to go visit their friends and teachers.


I was also touched by this letter that Dawn Willis (Coles Ferry Elementary, Lebanon, TN) sent to her children.






Here's a video that Katie Mac from the Story Shack made to help children understand what's going on and why they can't go to school.

               
https://youtu.be/NHpzWpxAURc



COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic: Considerations for Early Childhood Professionals
This edwebinar sounded very interesting. Even though it was presented a week ago you should be able to view the recording. 


Tuesday, March 24, 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm EDT

Presented by Andrew Roszak, J.D., M.P.A., EMT-Paramedic, Executive Director, Institute for Childhood Preparedness

WATCH THE EDWEBINAR RECORDING
 




And finally, here's my "Coronavirus Avengers" video I made for kids several weeks ago that some of you might have already seen. Not very professional, but created out of love!