photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Friday, August 13, 2021

I'M SO GLAD I CAME TO SCHOOL TODAY

End circle time on a positive note by doing a few cheers and inviting the children to share their goals for the day.

I’m So Glad I Came to School Today (“In My Heart There Rings a Melody”)
I’m so glad I came to school today,
I came to school today,
I came to school today.
I’m so glad I came to school today,
I came to be with all my friends.



Partner Share
Have children turn to a friend and share something they are looking forward to doing at school that day.


Toss and Tell
Take a bean bag or wadded up paper ball. Ask students to think of something that they are looking forward to doing at school. Toss the ball to a child. After they answer they toss the ball back to you.




Visualize
Have children close their eyes and think about what and how they are going to learn.


Fist List
Children make a fist and then hold up a finger for each thing that they are going to do at school that day.



Right Now! Right Now!
Say, “Right now, right now, right now, right now! Who can raise their hand and tell me something they are excited about doing today!”


Catch a Star
Ask children to think of something they are going to do to be a kind friend. Tell them to reach up and grab a star and then put it in their hearts.