photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Wednesday, June 14, 2023

#14 HEART OF A TEACHER

How we treat children is what they will become! 

A friend who taught with me over 50 years ago visited recently and said, “I remember how you would take the most pitiful little child and write on their hand: YOU ARE AMAZING AND WONDERFUL! Or, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! Or, YOU ARE SPECIAL!" She said, “Why did you do that?” My response was, for once in their lives, I wanted them to feel that way. I wanted them to know that someone believed in them. (Now they’d probably throw me in jail for writing on a child’s hand, but you get the point.)



THROWBACK

Pats for Parents



Cut hands out of construction paper. Write positive comments for students and tape them on their backs.


P.S.  A teacher once told me that she had taught in low income schools and high income schools and she had discovered...


Kids are kids and parents are parents regardless of ability or socioeconomic status.