photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Sunday, June 18, 2023

#18 THE HEART OF A TEACHEER

FAKE IT TIL YOU FEEL IT!

You have to be an actor or actress if you want to be a great teacher. Every day you have to put a smile on your face and say, "It's going to be a good day." Why? Because for some child being with you for six hours is as good as it's going to get.

My parents both had a very strong work ethic. At the time I thought they were "mean," but now I am so grateful. If I complained about not feeling too well, mother would say, "The world is run by people with headaches, stomaches, and backaches. Just get on the bus and do your job as a student."

I also remember whining to my father about one of my first jobs. He said, "Listen, there is no such thing as a perfect job or a perfect boss. There's always good and bad and you just have to figure out how to make the best of it."


Keep on dancing and never let them see you sweat!!!

Here's a "pledge" for you and your children:

I pledge to myself on this day
To try to be kind in every way.
To every person big or small
I will help them if they fall.
I will love myself and others, too.
That’s the best that I can do!

THROWBACK

This is a sweet song that ends in a whisper. Sometimes we have to remember that the only place some children might hear "I love you" is at school!

Tony Chestnut
Toe (Point to toes.)
Knee (Point to knee.)
Chest (Point to chest.)
Nut (Point to head.)
Nose (Point to nose.)
Eye (Point to eyes.)
Love (Cross arms over chest.)
You (Point to a friend.)
Toe Knee Nose (Continue to point to body parts.)
Toe Knee Nose
Toe Knee Chest Nut
Nose Eye Love You
That’s what Toe Knee Nose.

Continue singing softer each time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHUYa8oZVVs