photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Tuesday, June 20, 2023

#20 THE HEART OF A TEACHER

O.K. I've preached enough. I hope I've made you feel a little better about your role as an educator.

Yesterday I said that kids just wanted to be loved, to play and have fun with their friends, and to feel good about themselves.

Guess what? That's what teachers want as well!!!


Never Give up!

THROWBACK

If you are actually reading my blog today I'd like to THANK YOU!!!  I can't let things like puppets and Ralph the Rag disappear.  Yes, they are silly, but when you do these with children and they respond with a smile you'll remember why you do what you do!!!

Puppet
Cut the top and bottom off a food box, insert the puppet on your hand, and then let the puppet pop out the box and sing a song, talk about an event, or say a rhyme.



Ralph the Rag
Knot the top of a dishtowel to look like ears. Introduce it to the class as “Ralph the Rag.” Challenge them to do what Ralph does. Bend the towel and wait for the children to do it. Wiggle the head…shake all over…stand up…turn around…Everyone will want to do what Ralph does!

P.S.  I know this is "stupid," but it's so much fun and it really does work to focus children's attention.