photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Tuesday, September 3, 2024

THUMBS UP!

Positive self-talk is a simple strategy to remind children that they are important and capable. Have children start the day by repeating each line of this chant after you.


You’re the Best!
Teacher says: Thumbs up. (Stick out thumbs.)
Children repeat: Thumbs up.
Teacher says: Across the chest. (Bring across to the opposite shoulder.)
Children Repeat: Across the chest.
Teacher says: Pat on the back. (Pat self on the back.)
Children repeat: Pat on the back.
Teacher says: Cause you’re the best! (Wrap arms around self and hug.)
Children repeat: Cause you're the best!

Hint! You can easily change the words to this chant to "I'm the best!" or "We are the best!"


I Am Statements
“I am” statements are another way to encourage positive behavior. (These can be based on your school’s goals or let the children suggest statements.) Write these on a language experience chart and then begin the day by sticking up your thumbs and repeating them.

I am respectful.
I am trustworthy.
I am responsible.
I am fair.
I am caring.
I use good manners.
I use kind words.
I can do it!




My Teacher Feel about Me?
Teacher says: How does my teacher feel about me?”
Children respond: I’m as special as special can be (Sparkle fingers.)
because my teacher believes in me! (Hug self.)