photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Friday, February 25, 2022

WRITING PROMPTS

Looking for some writing prompts to motivate  your students?  Holidays, units of study, and interests of your class are a good start, but "Chew and Write" is my favorite.


Chew and Write
Give children a piece of sugarless gum. Once they write their name they can open the gum and start chewing. They are allowed to chew the gum as long as they keep on writing!
                                          

Predictable Sentences
Give children an open-ended sentence to encourage writing.  

I can…  

I like…

I don’t like…

I see…

I want…

I am...

I wish I were…

When I grow up…


Class Books
These are topics that you could use to make class books. Each child writes and illustrates a page and then bind them together.

                      

THE BEST THING ABOUT ME

IF SHOES COULD TALK

THINGS THAT BUG US/SCARE US

MY NIGHTMARE LOOKS LIKE

IF I WERE THE TEACHER I WOULD

WE WOULD LIKE TO TELL THE PRESIDENT…

IF I HAD A MILLION DOLLARS

FAMILY CELEBRATIONS


SEE YOU LATER ALLIGATOR

OUR WISH BOOK

OUR JOKE BOOK

DREAMS

HEROES

MY WORST/BEST DAY EVER


WHAT DOES THE PRINCIPAL DO ALL DAY?  (One of my favorites!)