photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Saturday, February 25, 2012

DINOSAURS AND TECHIES IN THE SANDBOX

It’s no secret that my brain was wired up before computers were a household word.  I know a lot of finger plays and songs, but I’m a dinosaur when it comes to technology.  But I TRY!

It’s boggling and overwhelming to keep up on the latest gadgets and games available for the classroom.  I visited http://ipadeducators.ning.com  and I was impressed with the free resources.  http://ipadacademy.com/ was another great site for newbies to the app world like me. 

If any of you have a free app you’d like to share, please email me and I’ll post it on my site.  (FREE is the operational word here!)

The thing that impresses me most is that technology enables educators to “prescribe” activities to specific skills for specific students.  Instead of just throwing general information out there (like giving an aspirin to everyone), teachers have the ability to match instruction to individual needs.

REMEMBER!  Balance is a key to life and education.  The more time children spend in front of a computer, the more they NEED to sing, play outside, talk, and have concrete experiences.  Dinosaurs and techies can play in the sandbox together!