photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Friday, August 31, 2012

BE A BUDDY, NOT A BULLY!

My grandson K.J. helped me write this song about buddies for my new CD.  Although the CD won’t be ready until January, this is a great song to encourage your students to start the year being kind to each other.   Here's a link to a video we made:
Be a Buddy, NOT a Bully! 
(Tune:  “Harrigan”)
Give me a B – B.
Give me a U – U…D…D…Y…
What’s it spell?  BUDDY!
B-u-d-d-y
I’m going to be a buddy.
I will never be a bully.
I’ll say NO to bullies!
B-u-d-d-y
That is what I’ll be.
I’ll be kind and help my friends.
I’ll protect them and defend.
A buddy, that’s ME!
What should you do if someone bullies you?
         Ignore them or walk away.
What if they still bully you?
         Tell them to STOP!
If they still bully you?
         Get a friend to help you.
And if they still bully you?
         Then tell an adult.
B-u-d-d-y
I’m going to be a buddy.
I will never be a bully.
I’ll say NO to bullies!
B-u-d-d-y
That is what I’ll be.
I’ll be kind and help my friends.
I’ll protect them and defend.
A buddy, that’s ME!

*Draw a T-chart on the board and let children suggest characteristics of buddies and bullies.
*Give a "Buddy of the Day" award to one special child each day.
*Make a class book called "How to Be a Buddy."  Each child illustrates and dictates or completes this sentence "A buddy_________."