photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

YOGI AND BOO BOO

Yeehaw!  I’m on my way to Yellowstone today with my family for a good old fashion family vacation.  We love to be outside, so National Parks are one of our favorite destinations.  Sleeping in a cabin, riding horses, eating hiker’s stew, and having to wear a sweater sounds heavenly!

 I’ve set up my blog so you’ll still get some new ideas every day while I’m busy looking for Yogi and Boo Boo.  Here’s a song I can’t get out of my head!

Yogi Bear
(Tune:  “Camptown Racers”)

I have a friend that you all know
Yogi, Yogi.          (On “Yogi” hold arms out like a tummy.)
I have a friend that you all know
Yogi, Yogi Bear.  (On “Bear” make circles with thumbs and index fingers
                         and put them on your head.)        
Yogi, Yogi, Bear.
Yogi, Yogi, Bear.
I have a friend that you all know
Yogi, Yogi Bear.

Yogi has a little friend
Boo Boo, Boo Boo…  (On “Boo Boo” put hand down low as if patting
                             his head.)
Yogi has a Ranger Friend,
Joe, Joe…                  (Pretend to salute on “Ranger.”)

Yogi has a girlfriend, 
Cindy, Cindy…         (Fluff hair on “Cindy.”)

They all live in Jellystone,
Jelly, Jelly…                  (Wiggle all over on “Jelly.”)

Check out the National Park Service on-line Junior Ranger program.  You’ll find games and even a friend of Flat Stanley’s called Flat Ranger!
http://www.nps.gov/webrangers/

And, get this!  There’s also a resource site for teachers with activities that link to Common Core State Standards!  You can take an efield trip to the parks and get tons of ideas for social studies, writing, science, etc.
http://www.webrangers.us/teachers.cfm