photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Tuesday, June 18, 2019

THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE

Many schools start the day with the Pledge of Allegiance. To help children use their right hand you can put a sticker on it or make a bracelet from a pipe cleaner. An outline of the right hand near your classroom flag is another visual prompt.


Here’s a song to get the children ready to say the pledge.

We Love Our Flag (Tune: “The Farmer in the Dell”)
We love our flag.
We love our flag.
We love America
And we love our flag.

Red, white, and blue,
red, white, and blue,
The colors of our country's flag
are red, white, and blue.


Here’s the link to download the book:
http://www.drjean.org/html/monthly_act/act_2007/06_Jun/1booksJun/WeLoveOurFlag.pdf


Sign Language
The words in the Pledge of Allegiance will be more meaningful if you teach children how to do it in sign language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH_FELUCRxg


My Flag (Tune: “When the Saints Go Marching In”)
My flag is red. My flag is white. (March in place.)
And in the corner it is blue.
My flag stands for my country.
I love red, white, and blue!

Fifty white stars on a field of blue…

We are all Americans. (March alternating fists in the air.)
And so we always say I CAN!
We try and do our best
Because we are Americans!

                                                
                                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2PgpbfIt7g

Class Pledge
This pledge might be more appropriate for younger children.

     I pledge to myself on this day
     To try to be kind in every way.
     To every person big or small
     I will help them if they fall.
     I will love myself and others, too.
     That’s the best that I can do!