photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Thursday, June 25, 2020

GOOD IDEA #25

It's a good thing it's June 25th, because I've almost run out of "Good Ideas"! But, don't worry! I'm working on something special for July.

Tisket A Tasket Letters
(Pam Uecker)
I can make a letter.
I can make a letter.
I use my arms (or hands),
I use my legs,
And I can make a letter.

                                        

*Call out a letter for the children to make with their bodies.

VIRTUAL CLASSROOM
You could also let children take turns making letters with their bodies while their friends try and guess what they are.



Foot Writing
Try “foot writing” where children make letters, shapes, and numerals with their foot. They could also practice writing sight words or spelling words.



VIRTUAL CLASSROOM
Give a math problem and ask them to write out the answer with their foot.
Call out a word and ask them to make the beginning, medial, or end sound with their foot.


Twinkle 1 to 20
(Tune: “Twinkle Little Star”)
Point to the numbers as you sing:
1 – 2 – 3 – 4 – 5 – 6 – 7
8 – 9 – 10
Then comes 11
12 – 13
14 – 15
16 – 17
18 – 19
Number 20 is at the end
Using fingers, count again! 


VIRTUAL CLASSROOM
Hold up your fingers as you count, clap your hands as you count, tap your foot as you count, or make other motions.